The Corpse Reviver No. 2 is a classic cocktail that has been around for over 100 years! The mix of gin, Lillet, lemon juice, and absinthe combine to make an incredibly balanced drink that is just as good for a refreshing afternoon drink as it is an evening cocktail. From its history to its preparation, here’s what you need to know about this timeless classic.
Corpse Reviver No. 2
- 3/4 oz gin
- 3/4 oz Cointreau triple sec
- 3/4 oz Lillet Blanc
- 3/4 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash absinthe
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc and lemon juice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Float absinthe on top and stir briefly.
- To achieve the correct float, use an iced spoon and pour the absinthe gently over the back of it.