Looking for a sophisticated, classic cocktail? Look no further than the Vieux Carré, a timeless concoction with a complex flavor. This sophisticated concoction is a blend of cognac, sweet vermouth, rye whiskey, Benedictine and bitters. All these elements combine to create a unique flavor unlike any other drink. As an added bonus, you won’t need complex tools or hard-to-find ingredients to make this stunningly divine beverage. Keep reading to learn how to make this iconic drink, the Vieux Carré!
- 1/2 oz Cognac
- 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1/4 oz Benedictine
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 Lemon Twist
- Add the Cognac, Sweet Vermouth, Rye Whiskey, Benedictine and Bitters into a mixing glass.
- Add a few pieces of ice and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Strain the cocktail into a well-chilled coupe glass and garnish with a lemon twist.
-It is commonly made with equal parts Cognac, Sweet Vermouth, and Rye Whiskey for a balanced flavor.
-Benedictine is sometimes used as an additional ingredient to add sweetness.
-The Angostura and Peychaud's Bitters provide a nice contrasting touch.